Thursday, March 18, 2010

Location Location Location

Everyone is in MUCH better spirits here on the Island of Aegina. We zipped here by boat from Athens, but it feels like we time-traveled to some other era. Shot some video and stills of the Aphaea Temple site which I will post later. It's not a temple to Demeter, but it is more intact than most of the other ancient sites. (Apparently Eleusis is a pile of rubble, so we can't shoot there). As Krys says : The Aphaea location is SO lovely! The temple is located on a dramatic hill overlooking the Seronic golf. I think this is one of the most stunning places I've ever been.

Julia and Krys asked to see the sketchbook I've been using on the trip. I guess they were impressed, because they asked me to start storyboarding some of the scenes they are planning. (Yay! something real for my portfolio finally!) They said it's super helpful to be right on LOCATION, that way you can storyboard from the spots where the cameras will be placed later. Hank is telling me where to sit to get the right angles. I always thought storyboarding was a waste of time in class, but with a complicated production like this, I'm starting to see how useful they might be later.

What a great day. I'm sooooooooo grateful to be right HERE, right now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment