Friday, August 6, 2010

Hanging with the Camera Crew



Made it to Chicago. Slept in the van most of the way. The camera crew got me a pass into Lolla, as their guest sherpa. I'm learning as much as I can from them about cameras, lighting, and set up for mobile shoots like this. But mostly I'm learning about how much lugging you do, even to shoot a documentary. Not sure I'm buff enough. Is this why there are so few female camera operators?

On the plus side, they've really been teaching me a ton. Dave even offered to let me borrow one of his DSLR cameras for shooting some of the Mysteries Bonus Disk features. (Did I mention that I got another assignment from George?).

I know I'm really lucky to get this opportunity. I just hope I can shoot and edit something that is Bonus Disk quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment