Sunday, March 14, 2010

In the Plaka with George + Julia


The producer George Smith with the director in the Plaka area of Athens.

Finally made it to Athens. VERY jetlagged. The city is a bit discombobulated from the riot or strike or whatever. Garbage and litter in the streets. At least I think it's not usually like this. We had to walk from a subway station, dragging all our luggage, because the cab would not take us all the way to our hotel. Seemed strange, like the driver thought we were Germans. Not sure what the problem was.


I did get some good time with Julia during our loooooong layover in Amsterdam. She is catching me up to speed on the project timeline. I didn't realize that we are actually meeting up with a small crew to do some preliminary shooting at a temple in Athens. It's hard to get access to ancient sites, so if we can, we will work with the times they give us. That might be tonight already. Julia is crashing in her room now. I just got back from the Plaka with George Smith, the producer for The Mysteries. He's kinda taking me under his wing.


George talking about the Hephaestus temple shoot plan

No comments:

Post a Comment